Burns Court is an exclusive and historic downtown Sarasota neighborhood dating all the way back to the 1920’s. Located on a long “U” shaped lane off Pineapple Ave just north of where it intersects with Orange Ave, it is named after Owen Burns, one of the early influential builders and developers of the city. Burns left his mark on Sarasota in many significant ways. At one point he owned more than 75% of the original city, which he had purchased from its Scottish founder, J. Hamilton Gillespie. He was responsible for one of the largest landfills in the State of Florida, creating the current bay front from North Gulfstream Avenue to Sunset Park and Golden Gate Point. His construction company also built the original Ringling Causeway connecting Sarasota with Bird Key, St. Armands and Lido Key.
INSPIRATION + PHILOSOPHY
The philosophy behind the design and Zen-inspired architectural elements of SANSARA and its common areas was centered on creating a peaceful refuge within the vibrancy of city life that provides a sense of tranquility, harmony and balance.
The amenities deck incorporates a pool, private spa, covered cabanas, a large outdoor social area with a fire pit a bar and a fitness room with a yoga area. These common amenity areas will assimilate principles that attempt to balance the flow of energy by utilizing natural elements in proper alignment with the use of rich woods, beautiful bamboo, water features, natural stone, and a thoughtful selection of native plant species.
– The latest in video technology through a technologically
advanced building entry system including the use of cameras, key fobs, personal codes and remote and buzzer entry systems.
– A thoughtfully designed one of a kind lobby highlighted by the use of rich wood’s, concrete, select art work and stylistic wall coverings.
– Each elevator floor lobby will be meticulously designed and finished in the same theme and décor as seen in the Asian influenced main lobby of the building.
– Units will contain a retractable window wall system that will open your living area to your spacious, outdoor, private terrace area.
– Ceiling Heights are from 10’ and 12’ (floors 2-8 @ 10’, floors 9 and 10 @12’) 8’ double entry doors with 8’ solid core doors throughout. Meticulously designed with expansive open floor plans.
– European style cabinet package throughout the unit.
– Natural stone or man made counter top surfaces with stainless steel under mount kitchen sink with disposal.
– Floating European style vanities in all bathrooms with white porcelain rectangular under mount sinks.
– Bosch appliance package.
– Laundry room.
– Hardwood flooring in the main areas, carpet in the bedrooms and tile in the bathrooms.
– Hans Grohe plumbing faucets used throughout the unit. Free standing and built in bathtubs, showers with glass enclosures.
– Eco flush toilets with soft close seats.
– Extensive closet space.
– Double elevator banks servicing the 17 exclusive residences with private codes accessing each floor.
– Feng Shui influenced amenities area – incorporating: a pool area with cabanas, heavily landscaped and secluded spa area, outdoor bar with a fire pit and a professionally designed fitness facility.
– Private and secured parking garage for residence use only.
If you want to learn more about Sansara, please click here.